Vintage Engagement Rings & Antique Jewels with Suzanne Martinez, Co-Owner of Lang Antique & Estate Jewelry
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Lang Antique & Estate Jewelry became the go-to restorer and seller of antique and vintage engagement diamond rings.
- How the term “vintage” has changed over the time.
- How customer tastes have evolved toward socially responsible jewelry.
- How Lang’s Antique Jewelry University originally started as a wiki database devoted to jewelry history and has since become a tremendous resource.
- Advice for new sellers and buyers interested in getting started in the jewelry trade.
About Suzanne Martinez:
Suzanne is a highly credentialed senior gemologist, jewelry appraiser, jewelry historian and the curator for Lang Antique & Estate Jewelry, offering the largest collection of fine vintage engagement rings and antique jewels to be found under one roof. She joined Lang in 1992 and actively buys from sellers all over the world. Suzanne is also the founder of Lang’s Antique Jewelry University.
Among her many jewelry credentials, include: Graduate Gemologist degree from the Gemological Institute of America; GIA Alumni Chapter co-president since 1992; National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, Senior Member; Accredited Gemologists Association, Accredited Senior Gemologist; National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, Senior Member.