Why Vintage Costume Jewelry Needs to Be Part of Your Collection with Pamela Wiggins Siegel & Melinda Lewis, Co-Founders of Costume Jewelry Collectors International
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why jewelry collectors should pay attention to costume jewelry.
- How costume jewelry can be a way to boldly express yourself and your unique style.
- Why Costume Jewelry Collectors International (CJCI) was founded.
- The resources CJCI provides to members across fifteen countries.
- What exciting speakers, events and sponsors attendees can anticipate for the October 23-25, 2020 CJCI Convention.
About Costume Jewelry Collectors International:
CJCI is a global network dedicated to the study, enjoyment and promotion of collectible costume jewelry. The organization brings people together through yearly conventions held around the United States, social networking, and sharing of jewelry information and resources.
About Pamela Wiggins Siegel:
Pamela Wiggins Siegel is a freelance writer, editor and appraiser specializing in antiques and collectibles with an emphasis on costume jewelry. She has been buying, selling and collecting vintage costume jewelry for more than 30 years. Pamela currently sells vintage jewelry through her Chic Antiques by Pamela, RubyLane.com shop and eBay as well as at The Austin Antique Mall in Austin, Texas. She is the author of “Warman’s Costume Jewelry: Identification and Price Guide,” which covers jewelry ranging from late-Victorian to contemporary collectible pieces. Her past works include writing the introduction to “Warman’s Jewelry 5th Edition: Identification and Price Guide; Buying & Selling Antiques and Collectibles on eBay” and authoring “Collecting with Kids: How to Inspire, Intrigue and Guide the Young Collector.”
About Melinda Lewis:
Melinda Lewis is a jewelry historian who has been involved with the online vintage costume jewelry community for the last 14 years. She has worked with internationally renowned fashion stylists and publishers to provide jewelry for books and print-based advertising in magazines. Her jewelry collection has been featured in M.A.C., Anna Sui and Pascali print advertising as well as in “Vintage Jewellery: Collecting and Wearing 20th Century Designs,” “Carltons Vintage by Caroline Cox,” Adore Magazine, Traditional Home magazine and on the cover of Vogue Italia. She is the author of “The Napier Co.: Defining 20th Century American Costume Jewelry” and writes a monthly column for Your True Colours magazine.
- Costume Jewelry Collectors International Website
- CJCI Convention 2020 Website
- “The Napier Co.: Defining 20th Century American Costume Jewelry” Book Website
- The Jewelry Stylist Website
- Costume Jewelry Collectors International Facebook
- The Napier Book Facebook
- The Jewelry Stylist Facebook
- Melinda Lewis’ Twitter
- Pamela Wiggins’ Twitter