Opening Your Eyes to the World on Fine, Decorative & Visual Arts with Lisa Koenigsberg, Founder & President of Initiatives in Art & Culture
Lisa Koenigsberg is the Founder and Conference Director of Initiatives in Art and Culture (IAC) which aims to educate diverse audiences in the fine, decorative and visual arts. Lisa has organized conferences, symposia and special sessions at universities, museums and professional organizations throughout the U.S. and abroad which explore fashion, materials and process. Her writings have appeared in books, journals, magazines and in Trendvision’s Trendbook 2018.
Lisa previously served as Advisor to the Dean for Arts Initiatives; Director, Programs in the Arts; and adjunct professor of arts, NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies. Additional positions include: Assistant Director for Project Funding, Museum of the City of New York; Executive Assistant, Office of the President, American Museum of Natural History; architectural historian, New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission; and guest curator, Worcester Art Museum and Yale University Art Gallery.
She holds graduate degrees from The Johns Hopkins University, and from Yale University where she received her Ph.D.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- The types of conferences Initiatives in Art and Culture hosts.
- How the inspiration for the International Gold Conference developed.
- How precious materials have gained their desirability historically.
- What events will take place at the 2019 International Gold Conference.
- Why the theme of this year’s New York Fashion + Design Conference is the color blue.
- Ninth Annual International Gold Conference: April 4-5, 2019
- Website: www.artinitiatives.com
- Instagram: @initiatives_in_art_culture
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InitiativesInArtAndCulture
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/initiatives-in-art-and-culture
- Lisa’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lisa-koenigsberg-749a66a/