An Entrepreneur’s Approach to an Art Jewelry Business with Karen Lorene, Owner of Facèré Jewelry Art Gallery
Karen Lorene launched her retail career as an antique seller in 1972. Twelve years later, she opened Facèré Jewelry Art Gallery in downtown Seattle, which showcases up-and-coming designers with a focus on art jewelry.
Karen is also a novelist and has written several books on jewelry and small business best practices. She produces an annual journal, Signs of Life, for Facèré which combines jewelry design and contemporary literature.
Facèré has a new home in 2019! Find them in Seattle at 550 NE Northgate Way and Bellevue at 25 Bellevue Way NE. You are invited for their Reopening Reception on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at the Bellevue location.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Facèré Jewelry Art Gallery advanced a communal appreciation for art jewelry in Seattle.
- What defines a “collector.”
- What criteria Karen looks for when consigning a new artist and her advice for artists to get their work in galleries.
- Recommendations for those interested in opening their own gallery spaces.
- Trends in the jewelry art market.
- Facèré Jewelry Art Gallery Website: www.facerejewelryart.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/faceregallery
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FacereJewelryArt