Jewelry Cataloging 101: How to Organize and Preserve Your Collection with Rebekah Frank, Jewelry Artist, Metalsmith & Former Executive Director of Art Jewelry Forum
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What parameters to consider when deciding how to catalogue a collection.
- How Rebekah came to work exclusively in steel.
- Why cataloguing jewelry is so important in telling its story.
- Digital and analogue strategies for cataloguing your collection.
About Rebekah Frank:
Rebekah Frank is a jewelry artist and metalsmith whose chosen material is steel, a fascination discovered through a challenge received when she was 18. Her creative practice has focused on steel ever since, as she worked as a blacksmith, a welder, a machinist and, currently, a jeweler. Rebekah’s studio practice is based in the Mission District of San Francisco, CA, and she exhibits, lectures and teaches workshops all over the world.
Rebekah worked with Art Jewelry Forum, an international nonprofit dedicated to the appreciation of art jewelry, from 2012 to 2018, leading the organization as the Executive Director from 2015 to 2018. She is currently a member of The Outpost, an activation group focused on how art jewelry can exist in the world.
- “Cataloging Your Art Jewelry Collection” Article
- The Outpost Website
- Art Jewelry Forum Articles
- Ornamentum Gallery
- Exhibit: “Site Effects: Jewelry on Both Sides of the Atlantic” – January 17 through February 29, 2020