Innovation in Jewelry & Metalsmithing at Israel’s Shenkar College with Uri Samet Head of the Jewelry Design Department at Israel’s Shenkar College of Engineering, Design, and Art
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How and why Shenkar’s Department of Jewelry Design was founded.
- Why Shenkar is on the cutting-edge of jewelry design and innovation education.
- The unique classes Shenkar offers to students.
- How Shenkar prepares students for careers in the jewelry design field.
About Uri Samet:
Uri Samet is the co-founder of the Alice Gottesman Jewelry Design Department at Shenkar College in Israel, where he served as a senior lecturer and member of the faculty until appointed head of the Department. He teaches courses in eyeglasses, watch design, gold and silversmithing, while working in conjunction with external companies. Uri also has his own independent studio, where he works on diverse projects across the industry. Over the years, he has exhibited in numerous exhibitions in Israel and abroad.
Uri holds a master’s degree in design from the University of Middlesex in London and a bachelor’s degree from the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design. Upon completion of his studies, Uri attended a continued design program at the vocational gold and silversmithing school, Centro di Formazione Professionale in Florence, Italy.
- Department of Jewelry Design Website
- Department’s Facebook
- Department’s Instagram
- SNAG 2020 conference