Heidi Lowe is the founder and owner of Heidi Lowe Gallery, a contemporary art jewelry gallery that hosts six exhibitions each year by internationally recognized artists and also serves as a teaching space. Heidi creates jewelry drawing from nature and the history of metalsmithing. She displays her work within her gallery as well as at other galleries across the United States. Heidi’s next show, “Amend,” is set to open June 14, 2019 at Rehoboth Art League.
Prior to opening her own gallery, Heidi was the assistant director at Leo Koenig Gallery, a contemporary art gallery in Chelsea, New York. She received her BFA in Metals and Jewelry from Maine College of Art in Portland, Maine and her MFA at State University of New York at New Paltz.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What inspired Heidi to open her own jewelry gallery.
- What she looks for when deciding which artists to sponsor.
- How “Earrings Galore” works to expose new people to art jewelry.
- Upcoming events at Heidi Lowe Gallery.
- Website: www.heidilowejewelry.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeidiLoweGallery/
- Instagram: @Heidilowe
- Upcoming Exhibits:
- Front of the House/Back of the House, opening April 27, 2019
- Mineral Instincts – Aimee Petkus and Anna Johnson, opening June 1, 2019
- Stacey Lee Webber, opening July 6, 2019