Promoting the Luxurious Life with Opulent Vintage Jewelry with Erik Yang, Founder of The Lush Life Antiques
Erik Yang is the founder of The Lush Life Antiques, which offers a selection of vintage designer jewelry, both signed and unsigned. His primary focus is on American and European costumes, Mexican silver, Native American Indian, Bakelite, modernist and contemporary designer jewelry. Each piece is carefully hand-selected for its design, quality, and construction. In his 25 years as a jewelry dealer, Erik has segued from exhibiting at shows to selling exclusively online.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Erik transitioned from medical school to becoming a jewelry dealer.
- How he came up with the name “The Lush Life” and why he’s in the process of rebranding his business.
- Why a keen eye is more important than the label on the jewelry.
- How people are finding Erik’s exclusive collections and what his clientele looks like.
- Background on one of Erik’s favorite designers, Cissy Zoltowska, and her jewelry line CIS.
- The challenges of sourcing jewelry for different age brackets and geographical locations.
- Advice for building a successful jewelry business.