What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why creating a successful jewelry business takes more than a love of jewelry
- Why collectors should focus on fewer, better quality things
- How Dana tailors her services to capture the millennial market
- Why more people are choosing wearable, everyday jewelry rather than showstopping pieces
- How Dana defines what a collector is
About Dana Kraus
The DK Farnum collection is a reflection of years of luxury goods experience. Dana Kraus was in management at Gourmet, Elle, and Fortune magazines, where she cultivated jewelry clients, made excellent contacts and learned how to navigate the finest jewelry houses to ferret out exceptional design. Her extensive research and vigilant, disciplined eye are the forces behind the collection. She studied art history and decorative arts at the Brearley School and Smith College and at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris.
Dana Kraus took a unique path to the jewelry industry, which might be why she has a unique approach to collecting. As the founder of DK Farnum Estate Jewelry, she helps her clients refine their taste and often advises them to cut back the size of their collections in favor of quality. Her personal approach and expertise in 20th-century jewelry has endeared her to a loyal group of buyers—including millennial buyers, who are notorious for their lack of interest in estate jewelry. Dana joined the Jewelry Journey Podcast to talk about her path to jewelry and where she see the industry heading. Read the episode transcript here.