Advancing the Careers of Rising Artists: AJF 2020 Young Artist Award with Bonnie Levine, Board Member, Art Jewelry Forum
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Art Jewelry Forum’s mission and an overview of its programs.
- How Bonnie defines art jewelry and why this varies from person to person.
- Why Art Jewelry Forum established the Young Artist Award; who is eligible to apply and why the award is specifically meant for young artists first starting out.
- The process for selecting the finalists and winner of the Young Artist Award.
- Examples of past winners and the accomplishments they went on to achieve after they won.
The Art Jewelry Forum’s (AJF) Young Artist Award celebrates innovative designs created by a jewelry artist early in their career. The biennial award recognizes new and exciting work that will direct the future development of art jewelry. Bonnie Levine, Secretary on the AJF board, manages AJF’s two award/grant programs and plans the annual international trip for members.
AJF is a nonprofit organization spreading awareness and increasing appreciation of art jewelry worldwide by advocating for art jewelry through an ambitious agenda of education, conversation and financial support.
- Art Jewelry Forum 2020 Young Artist Award website
- 2020 Young Artist Award Guidelines–Deadline January 12, 2020, at midnight PST.