NYC Jewelry Week (NYCJW) is dedicated to promoting and celebrating the world of jewelry through educational and innovative focused programming. Last year’s inaugural NYCJW welcomed over 10,000 attendees who explored the multifaceted jewelry industry. This year’s event, happening November 18-24, will include groundbreaking exhibitions, panel discussions led by industry experts, exclusive workshops, heritage-house tours, innovative retail collaborations and other one-of-a-kind programs created by founders Bella Neyman and JB Jones.
Bella Neyman is an independent curator and journalist specializing in contemporary jewelry. She, along with Ruta Reifen, started Platforma, a contemporary jewelry-focused initiative whose exhibitions have been on view in the United States and Europe. Bella’s articles have been published in The New York Times, American Craft and Antique magazine, and she is a frequent contributor to MODERN Magazine and Metalsmith magazines. Bella also serves on the Board of Art Jewelry Forum.
JB Jones co-curated the first street art x art jewelry exhibition, PLACEMENT, with Bella Neyman. The duo launched a digital contemporary jewelry platform of the same name designed to promote the concept of “wearing your art.” Her work has appeared in Harper’s Bazaar, Women’s Wear Daily, Juxtapoz, Obey, and Work magazines and more.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- What inspired Bella and JB to launch NYC Jewelry Week.
- What exciting new programs will be debuting at this year’s NYCJW.
- How Bella and JB have incorporated public education, diversity and inclusion, and sustainability and ethical practices initiatives into the programming.
- Why American artists are a primary focus of NYC Jewelry Week despite its growing international influence.
- How you can follow NYC Jewelry Week events even if you’re unable to attend.
- NYC Jewelry Week – November 18 – 24, 2019