Designmuseum Danmark with Anne Cathrine Wolsgaard Iversen, Curator & Museum Keeper at Designmuseum Danmark
Anne Cathrine Wolsgaard Iversen is the curator and museum keeper at Designmuseum Danmark in Copenhagen. She is an expert on art, architecture, and arts and crafts from the period 1880-1920, which includes Art Nouveau and Art Deco. Prior to Designmuseum Danmark, Anne Cathrine was a curator at Danish museums Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek and Ordrupgaard.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Designmuseum Danmark fits into the cultural landscape of Denmark.
- The inspiration behind the Crème de la Crème exhibition, showcasing works from Matisse and Gauguin, among others.
- Upcoming plans for the 100th anniversary of the Bauhaus art school.
- What the “Jewelry Box” program is, and the process for borrowing jewelry from the collection.
- How the Designmuseum staff determine which ideas will become exhibitions, and how the exhibitions come together.
- Designmuseum Danmark website: https://designmuseum.dk/en/ (English) / https://designmuseum.dk/ Danish)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DesignmuseumDanmark/
- Instagram: @designmuseumdanmark
- Twitter: @DesignmuseumDK